Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Got Jeep....Will Crawl....

Wow, it's been a while since my last post and so many things have happened...so I'm going to try feverishly to get back up to date. Rewind back to the weekend of October 26th, Brad and I took a trip with the Cypress Offroad (COR) jeep club to do a little rock climbing at Katemcy Rocks in Katemcy, TX.



We've been members of COR for 4 years now and the outings are always fun, but they include primitive camping. Now, I don't mind the camping so much, but I hate cooking and cleaning in a primitive manner....and the lack of indoor plumbing doesn't really blow my skirt up either. But, I was a good wife and allowed this trip to happen (on our ANNIVERSARY, I might add) and we had a great time. The part of Texas that we traveled through was something I'd never seen before and it was absolutely gorgeous. Being stuck in Cypress all my life, I never would have known that other parts of the state had hills, cactus and what....low humidity? What's that? Katemcy Rocks was by far the most awesome place we'd been to for wheeling...just take a look:

On the way to the first trail






This is why I like to take pictures from the OUTSIDE of the jeep!



Brad's brother Brian has been working on his rock crawling buggy for a year now and finally got to take it out to play...

Look at the buggy flex


Our own little Texas Stonehenge





This trip allowed me a great backdrop to try out different things with my camera...check out my sunflare!




It's not the Aggie bonfire, but it sure looks neat...


Oh yeah, and I wonder if Brian is still there holding up that rock??!?!

1 comments:

*Jennifer* said...

VERY impressive! you got some absolutely stunning photographs!!!! i have got to go to that place! now, i LOVE jeeps a lot, but you would not catch me dead doing that IN one, i would gladly watch from the side just like you! it looks like a neat place to just go hiking, more my speed!
I love the sun burst and flare you got in both pictures!!!