Friday, August 1, 2008

...love is in the air

This past Sunday I had the privilege to take some engagement pictures for some friends of Brad and I. When I was talking to the bride to be about taking their pictures, she said "I don't need 50 pictures, just a couple good ones" and my response was, "I may have to take 50 pictures to get just a couple good ones!" and I was right! I know it was the bright sun that screwed me all up, but it seems like I forgot everything I was supposed to do with my settings. At the time, there were several things I could have done to make the exposure come out better, but it didn't click for me until later that night - after the fact. Oh well, if I can at least come away from each experience learning my lesson, I will be able to take better pictures each time. I feel self-conscious when people have to wait on me to get my setting right. I guess I need to just get over it and just take my time.

Here are some examples:






2 comments:

*Jennifer* said...

Britney- i think you did great! you did not blow out her white shirt, which is hard ot to do and the back kighting on the second one is great! my only advice is to back up and shot more loose(crop later), because of the crop factor in your camera and you almost lost a foot on the second one! wonderful pictures, great poses!

Homegrown Living said...

Thanks for the advice Jennifer, that does seem like a better way to make sure I'm not cutting feet off! LOL