Friday, August 15, 2008

...are we that distracted these days?

I'm overwhelmed with emotions right now....anger, confusion and sadness. If you haven't already heard on the news, another 3 year old in the past 24 hours has died from being locked in a hot car. The most recent tragedy happened just minutes from my house at the North Cypress Medical Center. Here's the link: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5944506.html
The mothers in both cases claimed they forgot to take their children to daycare and they were left in the parent's vehicle all day long. With the latest incident, the child was able to free himself from the carseat and tried to put the key in the ignition - but it wasn't soon enough. I'm so mad at these parents, what can be so distracting that you don't remember that your child is in the car!! When I heard about it this morning, I hugged Tooty and vowed to her that I would NEVER forget about her being in my car. I don't know about any of you with kids, but I have conversations with my kid when we're on the road and I'm constantly keeping an eye on her in the rearview mirror...I just don't understand. But maybe these kids are better off being safe in heaven, where they aren't being neglected because of ...distractions.....

1 comments:

*Jennifer* said...

b- i have been near tears ALL day long. i DO NOT watch the news, ever, because i can't stand to hear all the thing that happen with children. i heard about these beautiful, innocent babies this morning from my mom, and have been distraut all day. i too have may a vow to take EXTRA better care of my babies as a result, i just can't imagine causing harm to my child, because i was selfish.:(