Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hello....anyone there?

Yes, I know it's been 3 months since my last post here...I've been super busy and can hardly find the time to update this thing. I'm happy to announce that I finally took my first photography class this past Saturday. It was offered by Leisure Learning and I totally recommend it to anyone who thinks they're reading Japanese when people talk about aperture and depth of field. The teacher is Kathy Adams Clark and she was a wonderful teacher. I already have a couple more of classes in mind that I want to take. So...I was all excited Saturday and thought - I'm a pro now, I know how to make my way around the Manual Mode...yeah right! Today, me, Brad and Tooty set out to take some pictures. To my horror, my pictures SUCKED! I was so upset..I even went out and bought a tripod. Just a few minutes ago though, I noticed that I had my camera's white balance on Tungsten the entire time...I'm hoping that was why all my pictures were way overexposed....if not, I have a lot more learning to do. Well, I know I have a lot more learning, but you know what I mean. Anyway, I hope to stay active with this blog as I want to post my pictures as I progress with my photography. Hopefully as time passes all these settings will come a lot easier to me - and I can learn to be happy with my pictures.

2 comments:

*Jennifer* said...

HA! you hope to learn to be more happy with your pictures?? what will happen is you will become even more critical the more technical you become!!! i have almost become dissapointed with that because i throw out some unperfect shots of my kids that a few years ago would have been perfectly acceptable! i miss some of those pictures now! then it will even itself out! well, i am glad you are taking the class to really learn how to use your camera, good luck!
J

Anonymous said...

I have to agree w/Jennifer on that one - I am SO critical of the photos I take if they aren't exactly perfect. I haven't even tried Manual mode yet - it scares me :) Good luck - I can't wait to see how you progress and maybe you can teach me a thing or two along the way!

Cynthia