Friday, September 19, 2008

Good riddance Ike!

Ike sure did take me by surprise, and I'm sure the majority of the Gulf Coast area. Luckily, we were not impacted too heavily by Ike's destruction. We lost a tree and had lots of limbs in the yard, and we were only out of power for about 16 hrs. My mom and step dad just got power back on Wednesday evening, so we were their refuge of choice for showers, A/C, TV and meals up until then. Of course, we were glad to help and very thankful that we did not have to suffer like so many of the others out there still without power and who have lost so much.


I'm so upset that I didn't get more pictures, but I did get camera happy Friday before the storm, taking pictures of our house in the event that we did get damange. Can y'all believe the sky ...it was so freaky looking....


1 comments:

*Jennifer* said...

that is freaking awesome of that sunset! glad to hear y'all fared ok!